Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday weigh-in and whining

I hate my scale. Today it said 213 to me. Asshole.

So I'm not going to dwell on that. Sure, it may be a sign that I'm just going to yo-yo the same five pounds back and forth and back ad infinitum. Whatever. Sure, that sucks ... but you know what sucks more?

Injury.

I've been nursing an injury to my left foot for a few weeks now. It gets a little better, and then it tells me to get bent. It's really pissing me off.

I'm worried about the training I'm supposed to be doing right now. I'm worried about the half marathon in February, training for which starts full-on in one month. And I'm worried about my long-term goals of health and wellness. And it's making me sad.

For the moment, I am going to throw myself into the things I can do that don't compromise the foot - swimming, biking, and the elliptical.

But I sure do miss running. Dammit.

No comments: