Monday, December 3, 2012

Weigh-in and Santa Run recap

Well, I got on the scale this morning and it was not as nice to me. 210.4. Asshole.

But I knew last week's measurement might have been an anomaly; it's not possible to lose four pounds of actual fat over Thanksgiving! So this is probably just a correction. (Doesn't make it suck any less, but whatever.)

Anyway, that's what the scale said, and I'm officially okay with it. (I mean, it's not like I have a whole lot of choice, right?) I'm doing the best I can, and that's good enough!

Perhaps part of why I didn't have a significant loss (or any loss) this week is because I had a 5K this weekend, and a 5K always means breakfast. (It should be noted, however, that I did not lose my mind; I ordered decadent food, tweaked to make it less so, and I only ate half of it.) Sunday brought my third annual Rotary Santa Run in Arlington Heights.

I love this race. Sure, it's a hoot to run in a Santa suit, but it's particularly special to me because it's a run through my old home town. Plus, I run it with the best running friends a girl could ask for.

I have to consider this year's Santa Run a success. I finished it more than two minutes faster than last year, and I really felt great through the process. Oddly enough, I had exactly the same finish time as the Pie Run a few weeks ago! All told, my stats were: 1,323 out of 1,546 total, 41:20 finish time with a 13:20 minute mile. (By way of comparison, in 2011 I was 998 out of 1,083 and I finished in 43:33 with a 14:03 minute mile.)

It was fun. I felt good. That's all that matters. (But it doesn't hurt that we were cute; photographic evidence, below.)
Kristen and Me.
Linda, Meg, Shelly and Kristen Claus.
Linda, Kristen, me, Shelly and Meg. And a random stranger's thumb.
Linda, Shelly, me, Kristen and Meg, seated in the Fat Man's chair. 
So Many Santas!

No comments: