Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving - recap, weigh in, pie run

I wish all weekends were four days long.

Thanksgiving at Camp Clovertree was pretty awesome. It was four days full of food, friends and (thankfully) activity. I am convinced it was the activity that allows me to report today's weigh-in:

209.

Seriously; I got off the scale twice and did it again, just to be sure. Now, next week may be a different story. Sometimes my weightloss doesn't work like a simple equation, so I may be stuck at a standstill now for a week or two. Or I may (sigh) put on a pound. I will, however, continue to track my input/output, so I know where the issues lie.

Here's how the week went.

Monday I ate 2,001 calories, and worked off 850 with a short run and an hour of dance. My calories left at the end of the day were 169.

Tuesday I ate 1719, burned 696 and left 297 on the metaphoric table.

Wednesday I ate 1280, burned zero and left 40 unconsumed. This day was a particular victory for me, because the day before Thanksgiving is a traditional feast for me and an old friend. I knew I wasn't going to have time to work out, so I limited my calories during the day, and it worked out okay!

Thursday All I can say is, shut up, it was Thanksgiving. I ate 2,614 calories and burned 580 doing the Run 3.14 Pie. I overdid it by 714 calories.

Friday Clearly not yet ready to give up over-indulging, I ate 1,646, burned 193 and overate 133 calories.

Saturday was Thanksgiving at Camp Clovertree, complete with turkey and all the trimmings. I limited myself a bit, and also got a good workout in. By the end of the day, I had eaten 2,019, burned 661 and over-indulged by a tiny 38 calories. I'll take it!

Sunday was not a good day. I was up most of the night with a horrible stomachache (which I still have) and very little appetite. But I am proud that I got a four-mile run in! All told, I ate 1,680, burned 644 and left 284.

So for the week, I was over by only 95 calories over all. I consider this a win! Although I'm not sure how it resulted in a four-pound loss. We'll just have to see what next week brings.

On to the fun activity of the week: the second annual LaGrange 3.14 Run for Pie! You run Pi, get it? 3.14 miles, and at the end, you get a pie. So cool!
The gang - Kristen, Shelly, Me, Lisa, Linda, Julie and Barb - with our pies!
On this run, the "usual suspects" were joined by our friends Barb and Julie, and their friend Lisa - the more the merrier, right? Running with Barb is running with greatness; the woman is an Ironman! The neat thing about our friends is that no one questions another's abilities; we're all just there to have a good time, enjoy the process and support each other. No one seems to mind that it takes me a long time to finish! I was slower this year than last year, and sometimes I think I will always be chasing that 13-minute mile, but I did my best, and that feels good. 

I finished 1,754 out of 2,028 overall, or 90 of 110 in my age group. My finish time as 41:20, or a 13:20 minute mile. (Last year I ran it in 41:04, with a 13:05 minute mile.) I just keep reminding myself that there are lots of markers for good health; finish time is just one of them! Improvement overall, in the big picture, is what matters. 

No comments: