Wednesday, February 20, 2013

I need a new scale

I've been saying that for, what, a year now? Anyway, I weighed Monday. I am holding firm somewhere in the very low 200s. I say that because I got on three times, and it gave me three different weights.

  • 203.4
  • 202.9
  • 201.8

So I learned two things:

  1. I need a new scale.
  2. The number doesn't really matter because my jeans fit.

So there's that.

Anyway, it's a bit of a struggle to know where I am these days, but I think the lesson here is that you really do know, even if you don't have proof. How you feel, how your pants fit, and what your belly flab is doing is as good an indicator - if not better - than the number on the scale.

Although I will admit, I got really excited about the 201.8 reading, because it meant I could, possibly, squeak out my goal of being under 200 by the time I run the half on Sunday. So, we'll see. Meanwhile, I'm just following the plan (sort of), keeping my eyes on the prize (a fun and healthy half marathon), and doing what I can without losing my shit. Because that's no fun at all.

No comments: