Monday, August 12, 2013

The Rest is Over

As of this morning at 5 a.m., I am no longer resting. I got up early and got my run on!

My friend and fake step brother Ryan, who can basically be single-handedly blamed for the fact that I run at all, taught me years ago that the key to fitness is to "attack the day." Meaning, get out of bed and get it done before your day officially "starts." Makes sense, but it is oh, so hard to do.

But not today. Today, I was up and at 'em.

Okay. Today I was up. At 'em may take time. But I had two miles on the training plan, and I got 'em done. I'm proud of that! (I even made it to the office on time.)

I also weighed in (205.8) and packed a (mostly) healthy lunch. So it's back to the drawing board, time to get real, time to prepare for the fourth and final half marathon of the year.

And I feel good, because the week of rest and a weekend of fun with friends left me feeling balanced and alive. I'm capable, and I'm energized. So let's see what the week will bring!

No comments: