Thursday, February 24, 2011

I'll take the .2, thank you very much

210.4

That's down .2 (point-two) from last week.

You remember last week? Yeah, that one. The week when I kinda felt like crap, ate everything that wasn't nailed down, and only worked out twice? Right. So the fact that I didn't gain weight is okay with me.

During my conversation with Trainer Extraordinaire Donna Thomas a few days ago, I fessed up to a serious slowdown in my weightloss since the holidays. She gave me a new perspective, saying that sometimes, ya gotta release your grip on perfection. Let yourself off the hook, just a little, and test the waters. It was good advice. After all, I do believe that each day is a new opportunity to do better. So, Tuesday morning, I was back counting the calories. I'm allowing myself more than I used to, because I've been really effing hungry, and I don't think it's sensible to starve myself. On days when I do a cardio workout, I get to eat more. (Who wants to meet me for sushi?) I'm not obsessing, but I'm coming back around.

Which explains why, first thing this morning, I could be found leaning against the kitchen counter, downing a protein smoothie. I don't get enough protein, so I've added the smoothie to the regimen. (It is not delicious, but it is palatable.) Rice protein, milk, fruit, yogurt; a little chalky, but down it went. Followed by a huge glass of water, my fish oil supplement (yes, really), my vitamin, my calcium and my vitamin D gummies. I am that girl who does all that before 7 a.m.

It stuck with me pretty well. I wasn't ready for morning snack time until 10; usually at 9 I'm already talking myself down from the ledge. So, we'll see where this goes. Build muscle. Lose fat. There's a fit woman in here, somewhere. Even if she does weigh 210.4 pounds.

No comments: