Friday, February 11, 2011

Weigh-in

Okay. 209.

208.4, actually, but I round up.

Makes me a little giddy, actually - I am 9 pounds away from weighing less than 200 pounds, for the first time in a very, very long time.

This week has been one full of thought. Here I am, the fittest I've been in probably 20 years, the strongest I've been in probably ever, and I'm unsure how this works, or where to go from here. See, I have about 35 more pounds to lose to reach my original goal. When I started out at 280, I figured I'd be happy at 175. When I get there, I'll be content. And I might be.

But I might not.

Because from here, having seen what hard work can do for my body, I begin to wonder ... what's the difference between 175 and truly buff? How muscular can my abs get? What, exactly, am I capable of? I don't know. I don't need to know. What I know for sure is, I'm not looking at 175 as an end point. I'm looking at it as a goal to be reached, just like my incremental goals along the way. When I get there - and I will - I'll re-evaluate.

No comments: