Friday, February 25, 2011

Last night's run, and a lunch confession

I ran last night.

It sucked.

Sometimes, it's just gonna suck.

But I did it. Took me an hour to go 3.85 miles. The goal is 4 miles in an hour, for a solid 15 minute mile, but that was not going to happen yesterday. I could whine and bitch about it, but here's the dill pickle:
  • I'm getting over a pretty nasty cold. A week ago, I felt like death. I think having a bad run after spending the weekend trying to get over the Death Plague is allowed.
  • As far as my cardiovascular system is concerned, I am not as healthy as I wish I were. The simple truth is, my VO2 max is just not where it needs to be. (VO2 max is the volume of oxygen my body absorbs per minute; it's a measurement of cardiovascular health.)
So it's hard for me. I don't mean to make excuses; it's more of a way for me to acknowledge why it is hard for me ... and why I need to keep trying.

What I need to try not to do is go to Crazy Buffet for lunch. For $7.99, you can have sushi, and more sushi, plus fried rice and shrimp and kung pao everything and dim sum and ice cream and GOOD GOD. I have to eat air and broccoli for dinner to make that shit okay. Don't get me wrong, it was delicious, but yowza with the regret, yo.

So tomorrow, it's back to the treadmill. Bam.

No comments: