Wednesday, March 2, 2011

So I got on the scale early. You wanna make somethin' of it?

I got on the scale today - one day before weigh-in. I couldn't resist.

See, over the past week and a half, I've been somewhat diligent. I've changed things up a little, allowed myself a few (hundred) more calories on workout days, and really added a lot of protein to my food. I was feeling pretty good about things, and wanted to know if it was working.

It's working.

207.2.

That's, like, almost 207. Three pounds down from last week.

I'm pretty sure the loss has been 97 percent poop. MAN, do I poop a lot.

Anyway, lately I've been ramping up my quest for health. Log the food; get in the workouts; sleep; treat myself well. And I'm so glad it's working.

Here's what's different:
  • Push-ups. I started doing four every day, and now I've graduated to five. These are real push-ups, not girly from-the-knees push-ups. They are hella-hard. Booyah.
  • Protein. Every day begins with a protein shake - 25 grams of protein. Tastes great, and has the texture of a milkshake mixed with chalk dust. BUT it is insanely satisfying, so I ignore the texture. Bam.
  • Paying attention. I log every morsel that goes into my mouth. Yes, even the crapton of sushi I ate last Friday. Don't get me wrong - I eat a lot. On workout days, I allow myself up to 2000 calories. Holler.
  • Pushing myself. I run. I'm a runner. I'm getting better at it, too. This week I switched up my intervals from run three/walk two to run four/walk to. Massive impact on my time. Total calorie torch. Werd.

And that's it, really. (I acknowledge that it's actually a lot.) Lots of effort. Lots of attention. But my goal is to be under 200 by the time I run the Shamrock Shuffle on April 10; I can do it.

Just watch me run.

No comments: