Thursday, March 17, 2011

Well, that sucks

209.4

UP three-point-four.

In my defense, I'm sure some of it is water. It's ... um ... time for me to retain water. Okay, so there's that.

I'm also sure some of it is butt. I am ravenous for about a week and a half prior to Nature's Special Time, and it's hard to avoid the danger foods. Cookies; ice cream; anything that isn't nailed down.

So I'm up 3.4 pounds. Big effing deal.

Because here's what I'm learning: the road is bumpy. It's not always consistently a losing battle. I can't be perfectly within my calories every day, and if I obsess about it, I'll just lie on my log. Seriously; I know myself that well. Some days, I just have "it". Others, I don't. But I'm seeing so much improvement in so many ways, I really have to let myself off the hook for the number on the scale.

Take, for example, yoga. I've made it a weekly habit, and I'm loving it. It balances me. So much so, in fact, that this weekend I'm planning to take a two-hour class of 108 Sun Salutations. It's on Sunday, the first day of spring, and there's just something right about starting the season in that manner. I think I can do it. (It may kill me, but if I'm gonna commit, I'm gonna commit!)

And really, it's not about the week-to-week progress. It's about trending down over time. This is not permanent. The new way of life, however, is.

No comments: