Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Following up on the panic

So yes, I panicked on Monday. I hate that feeling that my health is slipping away, before I've even come close to reaching my goal. That night, I went to spin class, and after class I talked with my friend, trainer extraordinaire Donna. I explained that I'd put on a few pounds and I wasn't dealing well with it; that stress and busy-ness had kept me from doing my best at my health. And she said:

"So goes the life of an athlete."

It hadn't occurred to me that these ups and downs were, indeed, part of the process. There is a light at the end of the tunnel; I will not be here forever. Soon, the move will be over and I will be able to focus a bit more. But in the meanwhile, I continue to work out, and I'm logging my calories, and - bottom line - I am working on it. It's not about being perfect; it's about trying.

So I keep trying.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

It's Thursday, I get to love you more today! (Don't tell anyone, but I kind of love you more EVERYDAY...)

I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought blueberries for a snack later, they are sitting on my desk glaring at me wondering why I am not eating them yet.

This morning I made a homemade eggwhite omelet (that first "e" was sneaky) with feta and spinach on a spinach wrap, I sang on my way to work in the dark as I watched the sun light the sky and realized that today is pretty freakin' awesome to be me in.

I hope that you are having an awesomeness Thursday, as well!

Happy Health.

Maggie said...

HA! Love that. Happy day that ends in Y, young lady!

Lov you, too.