Monday, August 27, 2012

Weigh-in Weirdness

Hello, Monday.

Today, I got on the scale. We're trending back in the right direction - 210.8, or 211 for any normal person keeping track.

Felt good after the disastrous 218 of a few weeks back. Obviously those were NOT "real" pounds, but instead imposter pounds designed to throw a wrench in my mental state. Well, screw you, bad boys ... I'm not falling for it.

So over the past few weeks, I've been as careful as I could be under the circumstances (i.e., in the middle of moving, with a killer road trip mixed in for good measure). I've kept up my workouts, and I have not expected myself to be perfect. It is paying off.

As of today, I am living surrounded by boxes and furniture seeking a "home"... and I am dedicated to self care. I have a plan for my workouts this week (which include three runs in preparation for the Hot Chocolate 15k in November) and I feel excited and ready. (It doesn't hurt that part of the plan includes a 75-minute salsa/funk class on Wednesday - not something usually on the agenda!)

It's a new week and I'm feeling capable and strong. I really really want to be less than 200 pounds in the new year; wish me luck!

No comments: