Monday, April 1, 2013

Well, well, well ...

This weekend was filled with delicious food. An overload of delicious food. So that explains how I managed to gain 2.8 pounds. I have no reason to be angry; I ate that! So today, we're back to counting the calories.

Again.

My time is at a premium these days, but I have to put in the effort. I started seeing the chiropractor three times a week to try and work out some weird stuff in my spine/neck/shoulders. One of those appointments includes a half-hour massage. You would think this would be a Godsend, but instead, I'm all like, "how am I gonna fit that into my schedule?" Yeah; gift horse/mouth, right?

Anyway, time. I don't have a lot of it. So when I consider the week and month ahead, I'm a little nervous about fitting everything in. I'm training for a half marathon on May 5, and a sprint triathlon on June 9. Here's what's on tap this week:

  • Monday: Chiropractor, massage, run five miles, swim 500 meters.
  • Tuesday: One hour spin class, lift weights.
  • Wednesday: Chiropractor, run five miles, swim 600 meters.
  • Thursday: Chiropractor, bike ride (outdoors, if possible), swim 500 meters (this would be so much easier if a. I lived in Florida and b. I had a pool.)
  • Friday: Blissful rest day.
  • Saturday: Swim 800 meters, lift weights, run four miles, bike ride.
  • Sunday: Run the Shamrock Shuffle 8K in Chicago.

See? So much activity. Stay tuned; I'll let ya know on Monday how it went. Each week gets progressively worse (or better, depending on your outlook) so ... here goes!

No comments: