Now that I have that off my chest, on with today's post.
It's been a great week. After the run last Saturday, I have only had a tiny bit of residual pain. What that means, I think, is that I'm not doing any new damage. Yes, the Achilles still hurts, but most of the time, I can walk without a limp. And, I've slowly been able to add a little running back into the regimen. My wimpy-ass intervals are four minutes walking, one minute running, for 34 minutes (starting and ending with four minutes walking.) It feels pathetic. But it feels powerful at the same time. If the ankle cooperates, next week we up the run interval to two minutes. We'll see how it goes.
I'm determined not to push, though. The fastest route between now and re-injury would be to push too far, too fast. So I'm taking it slowly, following the program. (It should be noted, however, that even my walk intervals are almost painfully slow. I'm rocking the 17-minute mile pace overall. But remember when the tortoise beat the hare? Yeah; I'm holding on to that.)
Also, today was weigh-in day. It wasn't cause for celebration - 206.4 - but it was certainly better than last week's 210.8. Fuck you, scale. So I'm pretty sure that I've shed the water weight, and all that's remaining is pretty much bagels. Guess I'll have to get rid of them, huh?
All things considered, it's been a great workout week. The weather, while chilly, has allowed me to walk at lunchtime, getting an extra half-hour of zone two cardio. Here's where we're at so far with the workouts - what I've done, and what I'm planning:
- Sunday, 5/15: Rest
- Monday, 5/17: Walk half hour over lunch, half hour run/walk intervals (treadmill) in the evening, followed by a half hour on the elliptical.
- Tuesday, 5/17: One hour of strength training followed by one hour of Salsa/Funk cardio, taught by the best trainer and instructor in the 'verse.
- Wednesday, 5/18: Half hour walk at lunch, half hour run/walk intervals at the gym, followed by an hour of hot yoga (the yummiest hour of my week.)
- Thursday, 5/19: Half hour walk at lunch, half hour run/walk intervals on the roads by my house after work.
- Friday, 5/20: One hour Moon Yin Yoga at the gym, followed by two hours of Salsa/Funk. This event is a fundraiser for ALS, and a total bonus workout! (It also makes it possible to take Saturday "off" and not feel guilty about not working out.
Pretty cool, huh? So, while the scale may not be leaping downward, the weight will continue to come off as I continue to take care of myself. A body in motion tends to stay in motion.