Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Perhaps you're wondering ...

Well, how did l'il miss do on her weekend of calorie-counting? Yeah. Not so good.

Friday night found me having dinner at a friend's house. She'd had a bad day, so "dinner" turned out to be "chips and guac". I just kept telling myself, "avocado is the good fat." And it was delicious. Plus, it was nice to just visit, chat and relax. Yummy girl time (with a glass - just one glass - of wine.)

Saturday morning dawned bright and early; far earlier than I generally greet a Saturday. We've changed up our gym routine, and nowadays we're getting the run in before weight training. That means I'm at the gym before 7 a.m.

I gotta be nuts.

It was difficult, mostly because no one seems to have mastered the gentle art of air circulation. It sucks big time to be running in a pool of your own sweat. But I was with my girls, so it was all good. Then we worked out with Pam and got our weight training done, and then ... well, it's a Memorial Day Weekend tradition! Linda and I goofed off.

We treated ourselves to breakfast in the cafe (seriously? Egg wraps from heaven.) and then put on our suits for pool time. It was cold and rainy, so we used the indoor pool, and it was awesome. We sat for a bit in the dry sauna, swam around in the pool, got splashed by some obnoxious children who obviously don't know how bad chlorine is for my chemically treated hair, and then retired to the hot tub.

Sweet, delicious hot tub.

And now you know why I love my gym! Good food, and enough to do that I could spend the whole day.

The rest of the weekend was challenging, calorically speaking, but I did manage to get a run in while in Wisconsin (heat + hills + humidity = a not-so-easy "easy" run) and I didn't feel like I was overdoing things. There was cheese, there was beer ... but all in all, pretty balanced. We'll see if the scale this week agrees!

No comments: