Monday, November 1, 2010

I'm already nervous

So, the Hot Chocolate 5k is this Saturday. My goal is to run it all. I am not going to be able to do that.

To be fair, I wasn't terribly sure I would be able to from the beginning. But it's good to have a goal, right?

It's a little depressing to be as slow at running as I am. It just ... is. Nothing I can do except keep trying, right?

On Saturday, I completed a treadmill 5k with my friend Linda. Run three minutes, walk two, for 3.1 miles. It was rather exhausting, and it took me almost an hour to complete it. Of course that was with a five-minute warm up and cool down ... but still. I worry that I will be the slowest, fattest runner in the entire race. And I may well be. And that is going to be fine.

I will finish. I will eat chocolate at the end. That is all I need to know.

No comments: