Sunday, November 14, 2010

Needs and wants

I need new bras and underwear.

I want a new pair of jeans.

I need black tights.

I want a camel pencil skirt, and some new workout wear.

Of course, shelter and food comes before all of that lovely stuff, and really, there's not much wiggle room in the budget after that, but at some point in the not-t00-distant future, there will at least be a few new bras.

Today, I pitched several that are too big. And a few pairs of pajamas. These I will not replace at Goodwill. But as luck would have it, a dear friend has cleared out her own (very fashionable) closed and bequeathed to me some truly lovely pieces. A few are too small (and will wait in the cedar chest until it's time) but many are perfect. I have beautiful sweaters, a warm winter coat, and handbags to add color to just about every outfit.

I'm a lucky girl, in ill-fitting panties.

No comments: