Monday, November 22, 2010

Pajamas

Two years ago, I bought a pair of pajams.

Flannel pants and a short matching robe, in an awesome red plaid. I didn't wear them two years ago, however, because the pants didn't fit. My thighs threatened to break free of the fabric at every turn - not the best look, mind you - so I retired them to the "someday" corner of my drawer.

I wore them last week. It felt like a victory.

I got them out, because I finally had to throw away my favorite jammies - the Nick & Nora ones with the lawn flamingoes on 'em, all dressed up for winter. So cute ... so warm ... so too big for me now! When you can fit both of your legs into one leg of your pajamas, it's time to let them go.

But it felt good to be able to reach into the drawer and have something "new". Yeah ... that works.

No comments: