Friday, September 2, 2011

Weigh in, laughter, and could you please pass the tomatoes?

I weighed in on Tuesday. I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Of course, I never am. Anyhoo, down almost a pound and a half - 207.2. That's .2 less than the broken scale said I was, so definitely good news!

Last night, I saw the ortho doc. Things are looking good; he doesn't want to see me again for a long time. The first question he asked was, "Are you still running?" And little did I know, he already knew the answer. He is Facebook friends with one of my running buddies, and saw the pictures of our weekend race! Dirty booger. So it's a good thing I said yes, right? Anyway, he's advised me not to push too hard, and told me to keep up the hip and leg exercises, to avoid a setback. Am I nervous? Yes. But I'm also pseudo-confident. Training begins in earnest now for the half, and I am excited!

And in dietary news, the tomatoes from my sister's garden are just divine. Little yellow suckers, bursting with flavor. I am addicted. Last night after the doc, I stopped by Dad's and traipsed through the woods to pick some 'maters. I think they might be nature's perfect food. (And as an aside, I'm really quite regular.)

That's all for now, folks. Hoping to make it through the weekend without gaining 10 pounds!

No comments: