Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I came. I saw. I ate.

Every month or so, a group of us old theater people from the Riverfront and Aurora University get together for food and visiting. Sometimes we go out, sometimes we descend upon someone's house, and every time we have great food and conversation.

Last night, we went to Kathleen and Shawn's, and we had great guacamole. Or, should I say, I had great guacamole. I'm not sure I left any for the rest to eat.

And I'm pretty sure it's taken up residence on my thigh.

I have had a rough week or so. Biologically, I know this is the week when I am hungry all the time. It didn't help that I went out to eat for both lunch and dinner on Saturday, but I thought I made really good choices. Up until last night, I really was careful. Within my calories, or so I thought. But this morning, I got curious ... and I stepped on the scale ... and I was up a pound and a half.

Well, shit.

What am I gonna do about that? My first thought was, I can't go away this weekend. See, I've been planning to attend Homecoming, back at EIU. Haven't been in years. But come on, staying home would be punishing myself. That's just dumb. I haven't killed anyone. So, I've determined that I need to not drink beer, be very careful of what I eat, and get a run in on both Saturday and Sunday. That's it. That's the plan.

And meanwhile, I'm trying to talk myself down off the ledge. The first few weeks were easy peasy; now, it takes work. Now, I have to let myself feel hungry. I have to stick the hell with it. easier said than done. This is the point at which I usually turn back, revert to old habits, buy chocolate and wear sweats for days on end. That's just not an option now.

So, at lunchtime today, I went for a walk. Tonight, I'll hit the gym. Tomorrow I run, Thursday I'm back at the gym, and on Friday, I head to Charleston. On Friday, I will also have my official weigh-in. Maybe the pound and a half was a fluke, maybe not, but I don't weigh on Tuesdays, so I'm just going to forget that I got on the scale today.

And for the record, I am well within my caloric intake requirements for the day. Let's see how the evening progresses!

No comments: