Monday, October 18, 2010

Nemesis

Now, before I write this, I need to acknowledge that there are some people who think I am a heavy drinker, and who would tell me that alcohol has no business whatsoever on my eating plan. The truth is, I probably have an average of one drink every two weeks. There are many weeks that go by when no adult beverages cross my lips. There are other weeks when I'll go out with friends and have a few beers. Or, there is the occasional Saturday when a dear friend comes to visit, and we go to my favorite restaurant, order Mexican food, and I drink one of these.

Margarita Azul from Salsa 17 in downtown Arlington Heights.

It was delicious. But oddly enough, I think it created an all-jacked-up weekend for me, because on Sunday, I had the worst run ever. The only thing different was that I had a drinky-drink on Saturday, so I'm assuming that my body did not want to metabolize the alcohol, and it took it out on me. Margarita Azul, you are my sworn enemy.
I took a half hour run/walk. I wanted to cry almost the entire time. I went less than two miles. So I've decided that, until the race on November 6, there will be no drinking. Not a big deal, really. And we'll see if it makes a difference. If it does, great. If not, well, no harm done.
As for my weekend, there was a lot of delicious food. Oddly enough, I have become the Girl Who Eats Half Her Food. My refrigerator is full of leftovers from the weekend! Plus, I made tortilla soup yesterday. Of course, I forgot the tortilla chips, but that's okay. The soup is hearty and beautiful, with just a little bite. I'm having it for lunch, probably every day this week. And it will be fabulous!

No comments: