Thursday, October 7, 2010

Weigh-in, October 7

FOUR!

No, I'm not playing golf while simultaneously spelling poorly. I lost four pounds this week. Now, I realize this may set me up for losing not much in the coming week; that's generally how it goes. But for the moment, I'm just gonna revel.

Four pounds.

16 sticks of butter.

One pound less than a five-pound bag of potatoes.

This is significant. We are now at a total of 16 pounds. That's eight pounds away from Reward No. 1 - pedicure! Woo-hoo!

I don't know what's so different about my quest this time. Maybe it's the fact that I'm more gentle with myself than I've ever been. Maybe it's knowing I have friends rooting for me, and going for their own goals at my side. Maybe it's the way I'm feeling like an athlete for the first time in my life (okay, a novice athlete, but still an athlete!) But it doesn't matter why it's different. It just matters that it is.

No comments: