Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pants-demonium

I'm wearing pants.

Now, that may not sound like a big deal to most people. But to me? Yeah. Groundbreaking.

I haven't owned a pair of pants that fit in years. Many, many years. When it comes to great-fitting pants, I think I'd have to go back to college. At my heaviest, they never actually "fit", because for some reason clothing manufacturers seem to think that all larger women have an immense gut; therefore, my crotch (or rather, the crotch of my pants) was always hanging down to my knees! Finally, I gave up. I've been wearing skirts and dresses almost exclusively ever since, with the exception of jeans (which can still be hard to find, if I want them to fit and look yummy.)

Anyway, today, I'm wearing pants. This gorgeous pair of black wide-leg trousers that have been in my closet for about five years. They look great. They feel great. Okay, they feel a little snug, but maybe that's because they actually fit.

Also this week, I tried on a dress my then-mother-in-law gave me back in December of 2010. Yes, it finally fits the way it's supposed to. And, soon you'll see me clad in my bib overalls from college. I realize I may look ridiculous. I don't care; I love them, and I've been trying to fit back into them for years.

It feels good. In some ways, I can't believe I've come this far. In other ways, I can't believe how much further I have to go. But in every way, I'm elated. Look what we can do if we just set our minds to it?

No comments: