Monday, December 20, 2010

'tis the season ...

... to eat the foods.

For breakfast today: Two chocolate chip cookies, a fat-free muffin, and coffee. And so it begins ... the season of eating.

How will I combat it? Well, mostly by not missing workouts - which can also be tough, because I live in Snow Country, but what the heck. I can only do what I can do, right? I'll make it when I can, eat pizza when it presents itself (such as, for lunch today) and do my best to not become a complete pig slacker. But I also won't be the food nazi over the holidays. I will eat when I'm hungry, and it will be delicious. I will acknowledge that I'm probably going to overeat a bit, and then I'll just hustle my butt to the gym. I will enjoy every morsel, with as little amount of guilt as I can possibly muster, and I will return to greater diligence in the new year.

So my goal, then, for the next two weeks, is simply to not gain any weight. And in January, with luck, we'll celebrate continued success along the healthy path.

No comments: