Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tough!

Yeah ... things feel tough these days.

Not in a bad way, mind you. There's just a distinct lack of an Easy button.

Every day for the past week or so, I've been over on my caloric intake. There's been a little stress, so I suppose that's to be expected. Plus, it's the holidays. How is one expected to rein in the eating when there is so much deliciousness all around! So, I'm just doing the best I can in the meanwhile, and hopefully come January, I at least won't have gained weight.

So I keep working at it. I try to push past the stress. I don't let it get to me (much) that I didn't sleep well tonight, and I will go to the gym and run and do yoga and I will feel better afterward. I'm feeling a little guilty, because I didn't go to the gym last night.

And with good reason! See, I'm watching a girlfriend's house for three weeks or so while she visits her husband overseas. So I had to move myself and Benld into a new residence last night, and going earlier - 5 p.m. - instead of later - 9 p.m. - seemed wise. And it was, though that doesn't mean it wasn't an exceedingly difficult night. Benld cried; sometimes, it was that loud, low "howlWOOOOO!" that means he's heartbroken. I'm worried about him.

It's clear that I prefer a simple life, and I am eager for my friend to return home. But until then, I have to manage everything - my weight, my food, my stress, my cat, my heavens! I will not be overwhelmed. It will be okay.

Won't it?

No comments: