Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Planning ahead ... WAY ahead.

Go ahead. Ask me what I'm doing in February of 2012.

I thought you'd never ask! I'm running the Disney Princess Half Marathon!

I'm so far ahead of the game, they haven't even announced the date yet, but I'm all in. My sister Jennifer and I are both going to do it, and although I'm sure she (and many, many other runners) will cross the finish line before I do, I couldn't be more excited. I hope I can convince or inspire or motivate some of my other runner buddies to join us; the more the merrier, right?

The thing that shocks me is, a year ago, I never would have thought about doing something like this. Run? Really? Me? And yet, here I am. I'm already scheduled for an 8k run in April, and I'm committed to an even every month this year. What's happening here?

I'll tell you what's happening: I'm changing. My outlook, my spirit and my body. There are some major renovations going on, and I'm might proud of it.

Meanwhile, back home, it's been hard. The food has been delicious and the workouts far apart - although I've been to the gym at least twice every week, even throughout the holiday season. I'm a little nervous to weigh in this week, but that's okay. Then, next week, I'll be back on the home scale, ready to make some real strides on my health and fitness.

This is going to be an amazing year. Care to join me?

No comments: