Thursday, January 27, 2011

A weigh we go

It's Thursday, and you know what that means: weigh-in day! Let's check the tote board ...

209.4. Realistically, it's 210. I'll take it.

That's down from last week's 212, and it's the first time I've seen something lower than 210 in a long time ... officially my lowest weight of record in a very very long time. Woohoo!

And it's been a great week. Monday's run was a grand success - my first consistent four-mile run/walk in under an hour. For those of you playing the at-home version of the game, that's my first stint of 15-minute miles. That felt good. Plus, I'm working with my new zone numbers, so I'm working a little harder ... and loving it. I'm healthier than I thought, so I'm able to push myself more without worrying that I'm going to die of a heart attack right there on the treadmill or in class.

On Tuesday, Donna once again taught "my" song - P!nk's "Raise Your Glass." Such a celebration dance; big fun! All of which makes for a great workout. Didn't make it to the gym last night, and while I should feel guilty, I'm learning to let those thoughts go. I had left my gym bag at home, and there was no way I'd make it home for that and get back to LifeTime in time, so I had a relaxing night. Sometimes, the universe conspires to make me slow down.

At any rate, I'm feeling good. I have big goals. Achieving them will not be easy ... but it is possible. And I'm going to have fun along the way.

No comments: