Friday, August 27, 2010

Caring for Someone I Love

That's pretty much been the theme of this week - caring for someone I love. In this case, however, the "someone" is me.

On Monday, I began tracking my food and exercise again, after a long hiatus. On Tuesday, I had a great workout. On Wednesday, I saw the dentist and on Thursday, it was time to check in with the orthopedic doc about the old knee. Each day, I walked a mile and a half at lunchtime. Plus, I took time out to spend with friends, and I had some time to myself, too. I got enough sleep almost every night, and I ate delicious food that was good for me.

Balance, in all things.

Tonight, I'll be making myself a lovely light dinner (maybe a salad with chicken, greens and feta?) and doing my laundry, and tomorrow morning will find me at the gym, working my muscles until they talk back.

I'm not out of the woods yet. Hell, it's just been a week - no even, I have to survive the weekend! But I'm getting there. I can do this. I'm already doing this - have I mentioned that I weighed in this morning? 236. That's down four pounds from last Friday's weigh-in of 240. That's a mere 37 pounds away from being under 200 pounds. Going out on a limb here and make it my goal to get there by the end of the year.

Stay tuned: honest progress reports will keep coming!

No comments: