Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Well, that's progress

Yesterday - Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - was a good day. In lots of ways.

I took a little time out to do my therapy exercises in my cubicle. I took a walk during lunch, and ate within my calorie range all day. I even enjoyed exactly a half-cup of light ice cream. Really - I measured it out, and then ate it out of the measuring cup!

I also had a great workout. An hour of strength training with a new instructor (who felt the need to totally kick my ass) and then an hour of cardio. Salsa Funk with Donna is just the best way to burn an easy 500 calories EVER.

Donna is amazing. She continually reminds class members that they are doing something good for themselves, that it's not about being perfect ... it's just about moving the way your body lets you move today. If that isn't a message to take to heart, I don't know what is.

And so we move on to Wednesday. This morning, as I got dressed, I was annoyed at the coffee cake that has taken up residence along my middle. Some people have a roll, others a mufin top ... I have an entire coffee cake. I don't like it. But that's why I'm here. I don't want to call this a war against my body, because my body - while imperfect - is pretty amazing.

No comments: