Monday, August 30, 2010

Food, glorious food

So I had an unexpected invitation to dinner yesterday. And I showed up. Seriously, when dear friends say the words "homemade pizza", there has to be something seriously wrong with you if you decline.

Completely delicious. And the best part? I ate three pieces, and still managed to stay within my calories.

I've realized something here: if I am diligent during the week, staying near the low range of my calories, then on the weekend I can cut loose a little bit.

I do have a small confession to make, though: I'm worried about this weekend. I'll be going to Lake Geneva, and there is a lot of great food to be had while on "vacation". Friday night we'll be going to a fish fry, but there is also lobster boil, so I should do okay. On Sunday my friend Amber is making lunch for me - crab legs. It's a very seafood weekend. No matter what, I need to be smart, but I also need to be aware of what I'm eating. Not like crazy or anything, but aware.

Then on Tuesday, when I'm back home and life returns to normal, I can get the nose back to the grindstone. And let's face it: It's my birthday weekend. If there ever were a reason to go a little crazy, this is it.

But only just a little.

No comments: