Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reginald

I went to the dentist yesterday. I needed a check up and a cleaning, but I also needed him to look at a little pimply-type object (I know, you're riveted when I share Too Much Information) along my gumline.

I was convinced I was going to die of some dreaded disease. Turns out, it's an infection. Mike Rice has named the infection "Reginald". How he (Reginald, not Mike) got there, I don't know, but the doc put me on antibiotics. And here is where things get a little more interesting:

They make me sick to my stomach unless I take them with food, and I have to take them at four times, spaced throughout the day. This means I have to eat something as soon as I get up in the morning, which is not my usual practice. So, we're newly back to the counting of calories, and I already have another challenge: fitting in Breakfast A. So this morning, I had half of a serving of Frosted Mini Wheats with a quarter cup of skim milk. It kept my tummy happy for about 150 calories; I can do this.

Of course at 10 a.m. my body was ready for Breakfast B, so I had my oatmeal bar. Now I just have the rest of the day to get through and stay within my calories. Might be a wee bit difficult, as I'm going to a friend's house for dinner. I'm determined not to derail myself! Maybe I'll pick up a salad along the way, to share ... and protect my waistline!

No comments: