Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New year weigh-in

So it's 2013.

I spent the better part of the past two months tilting at windmills in an attempt to weigh less than 200 pounds by now. And, as I acknowledged at the time, it's a lofty goal. A goal which I did not meet.

Today I weighed in at 207.6. So I'm not quite there, but I did something extraordinary along the way: I did not gain weight over the holidays. In fact, I lost weight. Except for the last few weeks.

Since my last weigh in, technically I'm up 1.6, but I'm down about 10 from October. I feel damn good about that.

The last two weeks have been a frenzy of food with little time for activity, but I stayed at least somewhat active. Having accepted the Runner's World challenge of running at least one mile every day from Thanksgiving to New Years, I ran 76 miles in that time. I'm proud of that! I'm also crediting the activity for the relatively small weight gain. Feels good to get to this point and not feel defeated.

So I'm back to logging every calorie and expanding my workouts (oh, how I've missed group fitness classes!) and we'll see about that under-200 goal. I'm thinkin' it will be mine by the time I cross the start line at the Disney Princess Half Marathon. It won't be easy, but it will happen!

No comments: