Monday, January 28, 2013

Yo? Yo.

I seem to be trading the same two pounds with myself, week after week. Today's weigh-in: 207.6. What?

Now, last week I wasn't super-strict with myself, plus I only had three relatively short runs on the training plan; that's probably the cause. But let's get this under control, okay? No more yo-yo; I'm here for a steady downward slide.

In other news, in four weeks the half marathon will be a memory and I'll be preparing to head home from Orland. Last night I spent a bit of time chatting with Carrie, my sister Kathie's friend (and now mine, too) and the ultimate running coach. She is always motivational and inspiring, and she has given me reason to suspect that I can run a sub-3 half marathon. I am not sure I can, but I'm going to try. I'm going to stick with my plan - run three, walk one - and just go for it. We'll see how it works out. I'm planning to go relatively technology-free, just wearing an interval timer (either on my watch, if I can figure that out, or on my phone) and enjoying my surroundings. Last year I ran with music in my ears, and this year I want to go more unplugged. I think sometimes I psych myself out with too much information.

Anyhoo, ever forward we go. And coming into February, there are LOTS of events to move me forward! There's the Super Bowl Shuffle 5K next Sunday, the Lifetime Indoor Tri on February 10, and then there's Half Marathon Weekend, when I'll be doing the Royal Family 5K and the Princess Half Marathon. I'm psyched. And nervous.

But mostly psyched.

No comments: