Friday, September 24, 2010

Holding pattern

I did not lose a single pound this week.

That being said, I didn't gain, either.

Where did I go wrong? Well, biologically, this week I am hungry. Like ravenous. Like, please hand me the loaf of bread hungry. So I've eaten right up to (and at least one day, over) my calorie limit. And I haven't been working out at the gym as much. So, what's a girl to expect, right? I stayed the same. 230.5.

It ain't pretty, but it's me.

What is pretty is the thought of all the people who - whether they knew it or not - encouraged me this week. Each day, I've gotten outside for a walk at lunchtime. Although today it's raining, so probably not, but four days out of five? Yeah, that's pretty good. With the exception of Monday, Lisa and I have taken that walk together. It's nice to have someone to talk to as we make our way through the booming Metropolis that is Wood Dale.

At the gym, I encountered amazing and wonderful people, from Jeff the sales dude (who bought me a protein shake after Thursday's workout) to Amanda the massage therapist (with whom I traded tattoo horror stories) to the incredible Donna and always charming Chuck. Somehow, every time I go to the gym, the people there make me glad I made the effort.

Last night I did a full hour on the elliptical trainer, and I really think this is a good option for me. It's constant forward motion - no crazy lateral moves - and it works the legs like crazy. Same with spinning; I am going to kick up my participation in these two activities, and reserve dancing for Tuesday nights.

So, I'm a little down over not losing any weight this week, but that doesn't mean I've lost momentum. In truth, I think it's given me a little more ... the courage to press on, right?

No comments: