Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Post-birthday post

I did not count my calories on my birthday.

However, I did count them the rest of the weekend. I went over a little one day, but other than that, we're on target.

I'm a little worried about my workout regimen, because I have tweaked yet another part of my knee and will not be able to do my "normal" stuff, but I'm determined to do what I can and continue burning the calories. I allowed myself to take a pass on a lot of workout opportunities in the weeks leading up to the birthday, knowing that once it passed I'd have a lot fewer scheduled events and a lot less temptation. So, I can't just take time off.

All things considered, I made pretty good choices with my food over the weekend. Homemade crab quiche, only one piece. Lots of raw veggies. Yogurt. Organic roasted vegetables with my eggs. Turkey breast. Multi-grain bread. Yeah, not bad.

Looking forward, with some trepidation, to weighing in on Friday. I'm a little nervous, and every now and then I get this intense desire to jump on the scale and see where I am ... but no. Once a week is enough.

No comments: