Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I've got moves you've never seen

Hell, I've got moves I've never seen. Not for 15 years or so, anyway. I'm shrinking. Not quickly, but enough so that my body behaves differently.

At salsa/funk class last night, I actually watched myself dance a little. A few body rolls every now and then looked ... well, like they're supposed to look. Not like a body with rolls, but a body, rolling. It was nice. It was also nice that people notice. My friend Nicole told me yesterday that she could tell I've lost weight. Actually, she said she liked my outfit, and that on some people, it would make them look heavy, but on me, it showed my weightloss. Heck yeah!

Tomorrow is weigh-in day. I almost got on the scale today, because I've been feeling so good this week, I'm very hopeful that I have a good loss! Fair warning: I'm going to over-share now. Biologically, I have a week every month when I am just ravenous. It's not the week one would think; it's the week before you'd think I could eat anything that isn't nailed down. Last week was that week. This week, my appetite has been much more like that of a normal human rather than a pregnant buffalo. Whew!

I discovered the sheer, unadulterated joy that is Kashi Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Soft-Baked Cookies. Nirvana, and 130 calories. I need something after a meal to tell my brain, "hey, you're done eating." This does it beautifully.

I also let myself off the hook a little bit this week. When I'm at the gym, it gets difficult to eat a good dinner, because by the time I'm home and ready to cook, I'm exhausted and starving. So, on nights when I go to the gym, I'm allowing myself a meal replacement shake. It's delicious. Sadly, it's not cheap, but it does seem to make more sense than going home and eating a full meal. And the best part is, for the last two nights I've felt happy and satisfied when I got home, and didn't go looking for snacks. BONUS.

So things are coming together a little bit. I've let go of last week's letdown and moved on toward more positive thoughts, and I continue to thoroughly enjoy exercise. I have always had a good time letting my body move. It's hard to believe I denied that for so long.

No comments: