Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I will run again

Unlike Chicago's Mayor Daley, I will run again.

No, not for mayor, nor for any public post. However, I will physically put one foot in front of the other and hot-foot it to my destination. I will actually run.

You see, over the weekend, I injured my knee. Again. I'm relatively certain it's a ligament sprain, and I'm not going to the doctor. I've seen enough doctors this year, thank you very much, and I know what he'd tell me. Rest; Ice; Compress; Elevate. So, I'll just do that and eliminate the middle man.

Except I still have to go to the gym, which I did last night and encountered only a minimum of pain. And it was totally worth it; Donna invited me on to the stage during the cool-down, which was to Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours", a song I requested in the summer of 2009. The song is perfect for Salsa/Funk, because they lyrics just work - "Listen to the music of the moment people dance and sing, we're just one big family ... " Yeah, that's us. Love it.

So after class I'm limping my way toward the stairs and I tell Linda I'm frustrated, because I'm not sure I'll ever run again. And she tells me to basically knock it off. "When that thought creeps in," she said, " tell yourself you will run again." So I'm working on that.

I'm also working on not kicking that weird half-shirt-wearing guy in the nards. He creeps me out.

Anyway, I will run again. Just thought you should know.

In other news, I am doing the "Cleanse Away 7-Day Renewal" cleanse from Rainbow Light, in an attempt to get the toxins moving and clean out my innards. So far, it's just a little disgusting, but I'm on Day One. I keep assuring myself that it will be worth it when I get to the end of the week; I promise to let you know how it goes!

No comments: