Monday, September 20, 2010

You Just Never Know

I survived my first 5k.

For the most part, I walked it. Ran a little, in the middle, until I realized that my running pace is not much faster than my walking pace. Time to pick that up a bit, I think. But it's progress.

See, just a few years ago, I never would have even considered taking part in an athletic event. This year, I took on two of 'em. Three, if you count Relay for Life. I looked fear in the face and I said, no ... not me ... no today.

And I didn't get hurt! My knee was tender Saturday night and Sunday, but it wasn't painful. And today? Yeah, today I feel as good as I have in years. Not perfect, but still pretty damn good. My knee is unstable, but not injured. I'll take it.

This week's goals:
  • Continue to eat within my calorie range.
  • Go to the gym Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. And, ya know, work out. Going to the gym to just hang out doesn't count.
  • Walk during lunch when the weather permits.

Let's see how it goes!

No comments: