Friday, September 10, 2010

A smaller loaf

I got dressed this morning. I know, I know - what an accomplishment! But the really exciting part was that it was easier.

My clothes are sliding on with little or no effort.

I realize I'm only down 8.5 pounds. Miles to go before I sleep, ya know? But that 8.5 has made a huge difference. My jeans look fabulous right out of the dryer, instead of two hours after I put them on (and painfully wait for them to stretch out.) And my t-shirt; today, I noticed a huge t-shirt change.

I'm wearing this super-soft 3/4 sleeve heather gray t-shirt from Old Navy. I don't wear it very often, and I usually only wear it under a jacket, because that loaf of French bread that sits atop my waist band makes it look horrible. This jiggly mass of Maggie is not what I want to show the world! And yet, today ... I sure as hell notice less of it. 8.5 pounds makes a HUGE difference.

Which shouldn't come as a big surprise. After all, 8.5 pounds of fat is 36 sticks of butter. That takes up some serious real estate! And now ... it's just freakin' GONE.

The loaf is still there, but it's a much more manageable size. More like demi-baguette.

No comments: