Thursday, September 2, 2010

Weigh in, one day early

Got on the scale this morning. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, seeing as last week's loss of four big ones was so dramatic. Maybe I wouldn't be down at all, what with the water retention and all (thank you, hormones) ... but TADA! Down 1.5 ... for those of you playing the at-home version of our game, that's six sticks of butter.

A major accomplishment, in my opinion.

So, what am I doing differently? Here's the major change, in my opinion: I'm focused on it, but I'm not stressed about it. I'll only make it to the gym twice this week, and I only walked three times, but that's okay. Some weeks are easier than others. I'm watching everything I eat, and I'm making sure I enjoy my food.

Now for the hard part: I'm giving myself a bit of a weekend vacation, and I'm a little scared about it. I'll be offline, so I won't have access to my online food diary. And I will be surrounded by delicious food. And beer. So I'm making this commitment right now: I will take a walk or a bike ride both Saturday and Sunday. I will be careful with what I eat, but I will not be psycho about it. I will drink plenty of water. In short, I will be good to myself.

And when I get back, I'll letcha know how it goes.

No comments: